- CloverLeaf Ditigal LLC - [2003-] http://www.cloverleafdigital.com -
Walled Gardens, Portals and Games
- Designing and building a LAMP based publishing system that handles a wide variety of set top boxes, browsers and client requirements.
- Determining optimal UI for each set top box and browser combination.
- Creating a variety of scraping systems for authorized content from the web.
- Creating a suite of tools for Customer/Community Generated content wth the ability to upload data, images and videos.
- Created a suite of games for iTV in PHP that are completely server side for "challenged" set top boxes featuring Blackjack, Freecell,
Minesweeper, Tic Tac Toe with Leader Boards and Admin included.
- Creating system health checking scripts and web-based management tools.
- Creating a suite of tools for customers for stats, surveys/polls, system messaging, etc.
- Created an IE based localizable news and information portal that plays itself including web codec videos.
- Creating widgets and content systems for various set top box manufacturers.
- i3 Information & Imagination Inc. - [1998-2004] (freelance)
Lead Programmer and Interface designer for many projects
- pdi3 - Their own proprietary shell program
for Director based presentations with the ability to organize &
create presentation elements and additionally to jump to PowerPoint,
Acrobat, the web and return. "Looks, acts and feels like a
32 bit app."
- AT&T Net.Working - Included an interface
for updating the presentation easily
- Bayer "Life after Residency" - featuring
varied uses of QuickTime
- MasterCard - A multi-player game with competitive
score keeping for multiple PCs in a convention environment
- PanAmSat - a rich presentation that can be
run either within or outside the PDi3 environment
- Additional presentations for: ADP, Barnes
& Noble, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Cdradio, Clarite, Concert,
Dendrite, GE, IBM, InfoMedics, International Paper, JP Morgan Chase,
Katz, Mobius, OmniLynx, Oracle, Perdue, Price-Waterhouse-Coopers,
Scient, Starwood and WestLB.
- "Focus On Fundamentals"
- William Duckworth - [2000, 2003] Programming & UI Design
- CDrom project as part of the best selling textbook
on fundamentals of music. A series of exercises for learning and writing
- QA department said it was the first time they
had no bugs to report.
- Developed a simple musi
- cal notation engine.
- The student can write and hear back scales.
- A number of Flash elements used for menus, buttons and forms.
- The latest edition includes a number of additional features such
as 'practice' and 'quiz' modes with the ability to send results by
email to an instructor.
- Cathedral - "PitchWeb"
- [1998-2003] Inventing and programming
- Featured in winning ASCAP Deems Taylor Award
- An ongoing Shockwave project creating and
improving a musical instrument playable by multiple players in concert
on the web
- [2000-2002] (freelance) Programming and game structure.
- A game for the web played on advertising
- Responsible for defining overall game structure
- Totally responsible for "the LAB"
of Shockwave pieces which are various forms of message encoder/decoders,
some of which are my own invention.
- Development halted but "LAB" elements
are viewable at http://www.mindspring.com/~jchild/dswmedia/lab.htm
- SourceMedia - [2000-2001] Project
Definition, UI design and prototyping
- Prototyped version 3 of their LocalSource
product for interactive TV
- Pringles - "PopBlaster" - Programming
- Musical Instrument for kids with the ability
to send "tunes" to friends
- CableVision Systems Corporation (with Sony)
- Interface Design and Programming
- Prototyped a "set top box" that allows
the user to view and navigate between Television, Video On Demand,
the web with email and Customer Service
- Prototype can be controlled using a standard
WebTV infrared "remote"
- Prototype used in focus groups and to demonstrate
the extent of possible interaction while retaining the simplicity
of current cable television
- Ikonic Inc - "AT&T Investor Relations
- Website redesign" - Design & Program
- Conceived a Functional Design Document (prototype)
- Demonstrated how the site would work with a
way to collect ongoing comments and issues from various parties in
- Created utilities in Director to update existing
HTML legacy content.
- Created similar prototypes for the Annual Report
and an Internal intranet.
- Yoko Ono/IMA - "Rising Mixes"
- Enhanced CD Plus - Programming and structure
- Thomas Register - Designing, programming
- Various modules for CD Rom. Each module was
for a separate company. Source material came from print, PDF, HTML,
Quark, Freehand and hand drawn sketches.
- "Avatar Home Delivery" - Everything
- Modular series of self guided meditations for
niche market of "Avatar Masters" (teachers of Avatar Training)
- Featured the ability to run the programs with
eyes closed by mouse clicks or simple keyboard commands. (Earlier
version in HyperCard)
The following projects
were all for i2i Inc. prior to 1998
- "DesignOmatic" - Design
team, Creative, Programmer, Art Production
- Created full blown WYSIWYG prototype for JAVA
application to design and order office stationary on the internet.
- Translated elements (primitives, etc.) for
(Prototype completed to virtually complete functionality, JAVA portion
"put on hold" after rudimentary interface completed)
- "CEMA Home Theater"
- Lead programmer, Design Team, Creative, Art Production, Sound Design
- CD-ROM to teach Electronics sales people and
consumers about Home Theater.
- Features an animated Dog and Professor.
- Has some game elements, a little bit of video
and a lot of charm
- "CyberRig Demo" - Programmer,
Creative, Design Team, Art Production, Sound Design, Video Editing (on
Avid) and prep for CD.
- Demo for networkMCI Business installed in a
truck that traveled all over the country and in their various offices.
(Lots of quicktime controlling playback)
- "Friends and Family Mail"
- Programmer, Creative, Art Production, Sound Design
- A kiosk for MCI to introduce E-mail to the masses.
- "Mentor", "Ovation", "Recognition
OnLine" - Programmer, Creative, Art Production
- Various 1 to 3 disk projectors to support and
encourage MCI staff
- "PC Connect" - Programmer, Creative,
Art Production, Sound Design
- Downloadable projector for promoting MCI to
Bulletin board services.
- "COE Proposal", "i2i Invitation"
- Programmer, Creative, Art Production, Sound Design
- Various single disk projectors for i2i Incorporated.
- CloverLeaf Digital LLC
- Flash elements for iTV portals
- Schawk3D [2002-2004] ActionScript programming http://schawk3d.com/
Setting up several variants of sophisticated tracking for an interactive
simulation of a shopping experience which includes a shopping cart and
sending the tracked information to a database for further analysis.
- Agile Mind, Inc., ThinkFive Initiative [2002-2004] Designer/Programmer
(The project is an educational site that is designed to provide online
course support for AP Calculus AB and AP Statistics, professional teacher
support services and interactive student services with a Learning Management
System back-end.) http://www.thinkfive.com
- Interaction Designed, Spec'd, Programmed question display shells
which front-end for XML
- Designed and Programmed interactive "illustrations"
and utilities used throughout the courses. (Moving graphs, coin-flipper,
Plinko game and analysis, lottery machines, etc.)
- The Cremaster Cycle http://www.cremaster.net
- Providing underlying ActionScripts and logic for extensive artist's
- General programming and design [1999-]
Many of the projects listed herein contain Flash elements included within
Director/Shockwave pieces, some quite ornate. (See PitchWeb,
ProtoStorm and Focus On Fundamentals)